Howdy, my name is Ashley Ward. I am 27 years young and from a small town in southern Illinois. I am currently in the process of going back to school to get my Master’s in Organic Nutrition. I started this blog so I can inspire others while this is happening I will write and have published the next popular Young Adult book series.
I have green eyes, dirty blond hair, and a figure that tends to be curvier than anything at height 5’6. I’m your typical Libra and everything that you heard are 100% correct. Faith, family, friends, top-notch nutrition, and fashion are the most important things in life. I love good food, chocolate, baseball, being out in the woods, hiking, and country music but to be honest, my pockets aren’t really deep so every now and again, I’ll also give you some advice on frugal living and making affordable meals.
I hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me.
- Are you currently in a serious relationship? Yep.
- What was your dream growing up? My dream growing up was to be a ballerina or President of the United States. I dreamed of having a perfect life – a little girl, a little boy, a puppy, a kitten, and a house with a picket fence. I have to admit that I was a bit of a dreamer…but this is all that I remember.
- What talent do you wish you had? Oh, so many different ones! I’d love to be able to speak fluent French, German, and Italian. I’d like to know how food processes work, I love to make sushi, and take award-winning photographs of organic food. Of course, I know that I can learn all of these skills if I apply myself and take more lessons – which is why all of these items are on my bucket list, naturally.
- Favorite vegetable? I love both broccoli and cauliflower. However, I cannot stand water chestnuts, pickles, and Brussels sprouts.
- What was the last book you read? Uhm…I had to go and check out my Pinterest board to find out. It turns out that it was Four Blood Moons by John Hagee. I’m not going to comment on what I thought about it for the simple reason that I’m not going to discuss religious topics until I explain my religious views. I will probably write this post in the coming weeks, or not. I haven’t decided if I’m going to write about anything controversial topics except how the food industry is poisoning us.
- What zodiac sign are you? I’m a Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology. While in Western astrology, my Sun sign is Libra. I used to know the rest of them…but I honestly cannot remember them right now. If you want to know if any of this describes me, I suggest that you continue to read my posts.
- Worst Habit? Well, since I only have to choose one…I’d have to go with either biting my nails or procrastination. No, I’m going with procrastination, although, since I went back to college for my Master’s, I made great improvements.
- What is your favorite sport? Well, since I’m a complete and total klutz…I tend to avoid organized sports. But I adore watching them – my favorites are football, baseball, and basketball. I would love to see a rugby match and a hockey game.
- Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude? Considering the fact that my friends used to refer to me as Little Miss Sunshine, and by friends, I mean former teachers. You can probably figure it out. Recent studies in the agricultural field have made me a bit more pessimistic. I guess you understand why.
- The worst thing to ever happen to you? I don’t think that anything majorly bad has happened to me specifically, or rather nothing that hasn’t been a growing experience. Because that’s how I choose to view certain tragic events. These include my Mom surviving Cervical cancer during my Sophomore year of High School, several bad relationships, being homeless, and a miscarriage. However, I know that all of these are things that happened to my body and my mind – not my soul. I also know that they have made me the person that I am today – stronger, wiser, more optimistic person. I realize that this sounds a bit weird – but I believe that having all of this happen to me before my 30s just means that I’m more prepared for whatever life throws my way.
- Tell me one weird thing about you. I cannot honestly think of a single thing about me that would be considered weird. So, I guess I’ll tell you a couple of random facts. The smell of popcorn makes me physically ill and I’m better at organizing other people than myself though that has improved as well.
- What color eyes do you have? My eyes are green. Or rather, they are dark forest green around the edges and fade to a sort of apple green near the iris. They have flecks of lightest gold to darkest brown, plus grays and blues. Personally, I’m not very impressed by them – this may be simply because I can’t see them unless I study myself in the mirror. However, I’ve been told by several people that I have pretty eyes, and I had an optometrist that wouldn’t let me get colored contact lenses. *shrugs*
- In one word, how would you describe yourself? Hm…I honestly don’t know. What word would all of you use to describe me? Be honest and true to nature.
- How old are you? I am 27 years old.
- Favorite color? Navy Blue
- Favorite time of year? Fall! I love the colors, the smells, the food the clothes, and my birthday happens.
Now, Y’all have learned a little bit about me, and as I said earlier, if you all want to learn more – then continue reading my blog.